Nothing But Love For This Caribbean Resort Campaign That Generated Nearly 100K In Wedding Revenue.
It’s no surprise weddings are a hot commodity for the hospitality industry. Weddings not only bring in revenue from the ceremony and party, but they also bring in revenue to the entire asset. Food and beverage, retail, spa, golf, group bookings, and more, are all areas of revenue weddings feed into. Every on-property department can benefit from wedding-related revenue.
These days, many couples are using websites and mobile applications to plan their big event. Needless to say, it’s more important than ever to find creative ways in which to attract brides and grooms to be!
Quality Content + Lead Generation is a Match Made in Heaven For This Carribean Resort
Here at Lure Agency, we like to get our creative juices and revenue-generating systems in place for our clients and we’re pleased to say, it’s working for one Caribbean resort.
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort is a luxury Caribbean beach resort located in Curaçao. The resort features sweeping water views, white sand beaches, a full‐service Atabei Spa, three pools, four restaurants, an on-site dive and water sports facility, miles of hiking and biking trails, and 38,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor meeting space.
It is also home to Old Quarry – an 18‐hole Pete Dye designed championship golf course ranked as the Best Caribbean Golf Course by USA Today readers. Located beachfront within a 2,000 acre gated plantation; the resort is just 25-minutes from the capital city of Willemstad.
It is an ideal destination wedding location, but there’s more to the story.
Curaçao is an off-the-beaten-path island that is not as well known as some of the others in the Caribbean. Fortunately, 83% of wedding planning is done online where couples utilize an array of planning tools (think: checklists and budget trackers) to help manage the process and we knew there would be an opportunity to become a resource while also highlighting the venue as a possible location. Planning a destination wedding can seem overwhelming and intimidating, especially outside the borders of the United States. Local laws, guidelines, and restrictions can raise concerns for even the most season travelers. The objections are significant but can be addressed with a strategic plan in place.
1. We knew we needed to create high-quality content that would add value to a couple’s wedding planning process and worked with on-property experts to develop a Caribbean Wedding Planning Guide. The guide included valuable information aimed to assist planning from afar. Information that is not easily found elsewhere.
2. Next, we housed the Guide on a specific landing page, of which we tested several variations. We utilized targeting features of Facebook ads to drive appropriate type of traffic to the landing page, with a strong call-to-action.
3. Finally, we then built out a follow-up email automation sequence designed to come directly from the on-site wedding coordinator. This personalized automation series worked!
During a 3-month period, initial results were impressive;
– We generated 35 well-qualified leads
– Booked four weddings, resulting in nearly $100K in additional revenue
– We created a new lead source for sales teams to utilize
– We built out a Spanish language version
Our attraction based marketing approach continues to deliver quality leads to the sales team, even while they are away on vacation!
The increase in total leads supported our theory attraction marketing – giving consumers what they want and when – can generate higher quality leads for the hospitality industry, allowing them to more easily differentiate themselves from the competition.
Here are a few takeaways you can use:
1. Research what your target market is looking for and create a downloadable solution for them – always approach it from a helping standpoint, not a salesy standpoint.
2. Follow up with personalized notes from on-property experts (automations can help streamline the process).
3. Train your sales team to use this outside-in funnel approach for maximum impact.